Wednesday, November 26, 2014

What I'm Thankful For (Game Related)


Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in America. I've decided that I will take tomorrow off. Yes, there will be no new blog entry tomorrow.

That said, in honor of Thanksgiving, I wanted to tell you all what I'm thankful for in games (and in the games community). There is, really, so much to be thankful for this year.

Nintendo, most of all, has been putting out so many great games. The Wii U lineup is better than ever and the 3DS lineup is amazing.

I'm also thankful for the Indies are who are supporting the Wii U and 3DS. You guys are great. I wanted to, especially, point out some people that I think are awesome. The Wii U/3DS eshops would not be the same without them:

-@rcmadiax. He has released several games for the Wii U eshop now. All of them are low cost, low budget games but the quality, as far as I'm concerned, is high. These are really addictive games. My two favorites are Shut the Box and Blok Drop U. He has more games on the way. I'm not sure what the eshop would do without him. Thanks for all your hard work sir!

-@RenegadeKidLLC. Mutant Mudds Deluxe on Wii U and many great games, like Moon Chronicles on 3DS. Plus they are always working on new games. Fantastic developer.

-@ImageForm. Steamworld Dig is amazing. I love it on the 3DS and I'm so glad its on the Wii U. And their upcoming game, Steamworld Heist, looks amazing. I'm torn between getting it on the 3DS or Wii U. Maybe both? Thank you so much guys. Hope we see many more of your games on Wii U & 3DS.

-@curvestudios. Stealth Inc 2 is Wii U exclusive. Wow. Thats amazing. Not many developers want to do exclusive games for Wii U. Plus they've bought the Swapper to Wii U and soon Thomas is Alone. Curve makes great games. We are really blessed to have them on Wii U.

@HullBreachGames. Put together the cool SDK Paint program, plus they are working on a lot of other games for Wii U. On a personal note, they are one of the few developers that took me seriously and added me to their press list. Thank you so much guys. Looking forward to seeing more projects from you!

@MovingPlayer. They produced one of the coolest, hardest games I've ever played. Plus they added me to their press list. Very cool people. I can't wait to see what else they come up with on Wii U!

And there are many, many, many more Indies that I'd like to thank. But then this blog entry would be WAY too long. Gah! Love you all. Thank you for your hard work. Here's to a great 2015 full of fun Indies games.

And finally, I'm really thankful for these people too:

-@ShigeruNews. For letting me review games and keep me writing so much.

-The whole Shigeru News gang. You guys are great! Enjoy working with you.

-@NintenDaan. A great reviewer, wonderful tweeter. You make me want to be a better reviewer! Thank you Daan.

-@ShawnLong85. Love those Week in Review & Rant videos! One of the coolest Nintendo journalists/fans out there. Another person who inspires me to be a better reviewer/journalist. Thank you Shawn.

-@NINTENthusiast One of my favorite Nintendo fan sites. The Nintendo fan community is very lucky to have them!

@Trev_G1. Has given me a lot of encouragement and gave me some very good advice for one review I did. A great game journalist to boot. Thank you for everything!

@Eric_Weichhart. Who helped me on my Pixel Paint review and is a great guy. Thank you!

And there are a ton more people. I know I'm forgetting someone! Thank you Nintendo game community. We have our disagreements. We all have things we like and dislike. We rant about Nintendo. But in the end, its how much we love Nintendo that bands us together. 2014 was fantastic for Nintendo game wise. 2015 will be amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment