Monday, November 10, 2014

Harvest Moon The Lost Valley Impressions


Last week, Harvest Moon The Lost Valley for 3DS came out.

I've played it a bit, plus I've been helping my mom with the game. Here are my impressions of Harvest Moon so far
---------------------------------------

The Lost Valley, like all Harvest Moons, focuses on farming for the most part. The farming is fun and made even easier because you don't have to switch your tools like other HM games. You just go up to a plant to water it, go up to a tree to cut it down, etc. I like this a lot (and so does my mom). That said, farming isn't the only thing you can do in Harvest Moon.

Lost Valley introduces a new mechanic to the franchise. This time around, the player can reshape the land. There is now a special menu that lets the player dig down into the ground and also build up the land too. This is Harvest Moon meets Minecraft.

Before the game came out, developer Natsume was saying that players wouldn't have to use the building mechanic if they didn't want to. Well, thats not really true. When the game starts, the Valley is mess. There's no way to go to the other side of the river. The way to the goddess spring is a confusing maze. You really do have to use the building mechanic to get around in the game. Thankfully building isn't too hard once you get the hang of it. I actually found it a lot of fun and hope to experiment with it more soon.

Other things I like about Lost Valley: the graphics are cute and the gameplay, overall, is really fun.

There is one main thing that bugs me about Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley though. The name of the game is Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley 3D. But....the game doesn't have 3D. Turn the slider all the way up on the 3DS and you get nothing. What happened?! I guess the game is called Harvest Moon 3D because of the 3D environment, but....this game IS on the 3DS. 3D added to the title would make you think the game is in 3D. Its not. Thats a shame because this game would look really good in 3D I bet. I wonder why it wasn't included...

Anyway, the Lost Valley is a really good game so far. I haven't played it a lot because its my mom's game. She loves it. She is very addicted to the game. Its definitely an improvement over the last Harvest Moon, A New Beginning, which we both found WAY TOO HARD. Lost Valley makes things easier, while also adding a very cool new toy for gamers to play with.
--------------------------------------------

And those are my impressions of Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley so far. I may or may not do a review of it here in the future. It depends if I get to play the game some more. Also I'm pretty busy with blog entries and reviews at the moment.

I'll be back tomorrow with another blog about an Indie. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment