Sunday, November 2, 2014

I dig it!


I wrote about @ImageForm's upcoming Steamworld Heist but I've never written about Steamworld DIG.

I just want to say, first of all, that I love Steamworld Dig. LOVE IT. Image Form created a really fun world with Dig. Let me tell you more!

Steamworld Dig takes place sometime in the future. There are no humans in sight. Instead, steam powered robots are in charge. The game's setting is very Western inspired. The main character, Rusty, is Clint Eastwood the Robot. Rusty goes home to check on his uncle and ends up saving a town.

More important than the story, though, is the gameplay. Rusty digs into the earth, grabs jewels, and uses those jewels to gain more and more powerups throughout the game. He'll need the powerups because there be enemies in that there mine! The enemies will attack poor Rusty and if he's killed, he'll be sent back up top for repairs (and lose all of the cool jewels he got). Don't let him be killed! Dig deeper and deeper. Its very addictive and a lot of fun.

Also, I should note that Dig's graphics are awesome. It has a bit of a steampunk cartoon look. I can't do it justice, so I'll just throw a screenshot at you here:

Screenshot 6: Old World


Steamworld Dig is available on the 3DS, the Wii U, and other systems (there are other systems?!).

I highly recommend the game. Dig it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment