Friday, November 28, 2014

Thats Very Odd


" Follow me! "

I remember when I first met Abe. He was always telling people to follow him & farting. Lots of farting.

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee for Playstation One was a unique, quirky game. I had never played anything like it. It wasn't an easy game. You had to get Abe's lackeys to do stuff and those guys, well, they were not so bright! It was a fun game though. I liked it a lot.

I'm not sure if I played the second Oddworld game. I did play Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee on Xbox. It was an ok game. Not as great as the first one. THEN I played Oddworld Stranger's Wrath....

Oh man. Stranger's Wrath was so very different from the other games. It was a first person shooter set in the Wild West with a character that had no connection at all to Abe. It didn't even look like the Oddworld world. But, man, Stranger's Wrath was a GREAT game. I actually beat the game too. From start to finish, I loved Stranger's Wrath.

So why am I telling you about all this? Have I gone off on a non-Nintendo track again?

Nope. The first Oddworld is being remade and it's going to be on the Wii U. This version is called New 'N' Tasty. It looks pretty good. The graphics have been given a major upgrade.

That said, its Stranger's Wrath, also coming to Wii U, that excites me the most. I love the game and really can't wait till it appears on the system. My only worry is that recently the developer said that they have put Stranger's Wrath on the backburner for now. I wonder if they will actually ever bring it to the system. Perhaps they want to see how well New 'N' Tasty does. What if it doesn't do good? Then they might not bring Stranger's Wrath....sigh.

In any case, both Oddworld games would be so great to have on Wii U. I hope both of them appear on the system and do very well.

Here's a trailer of New 'N' Tasty:


Its great to see Abe back again. Actually now that I think about it, you know what would be more exciting then both New 'N' Tasty and Stranger's Wrath?! A NEW Oddworld game. I hope it happens. Its an odd game universe, but it sure is a fun one to visit.                                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment