Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Xeodrifter First Impressions


Today, thanks to developer @RenegadeKidLLC and @IndieGamerChick, I got my #GamesMatterWishMakers wish! It was XEODRIFTER!

I downloaded the game and started playing it. Here are my First Impressions of the game. I will have a review of the game on this site sooner or later. These are just my early impressions.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Xeodrifter owes a lot to Nintendo's Metroid. Graphics and gameplay wise, Xeodrifter is definitely a homage to that game.

That said, Xeodrifter brings plenty of uniqueness to the table.

First of all, I noticed that Xeodrifter has really good 3D. I'd recommend playing it in 3D if you can. If not, the game looks pretty good in 2D too. The graphics are excellent. The music is very good.

Other things I like: You can choose what planet you want to go to, but it becomes pretty obvious what planet you should go to right away. The game doesn't lead you by the hand, though it does place obstacles in your way that need certain powerups for you to pass them. Very Metroid of it for sure. The powerups are very unique to Xeodrifter though. I won't tell you what they are. I don't want to spoil the game for anyone reading this.

I will say that this is not an easy game. It is, perhaps, a bit more challenging then Metroid even. You start off with very little life and its not too long before you run into your first boss. Still, Xeodrifter is a fun game. Stick with it and you'll be rewarded.

I'm very happy I got this game and I'll talk about it more, as I play it, on my twitter @df2506.


No comments:

Post a Comment