Sunday, December 28, 2014

Darksiders 2 First Impressions


I also got Darksiders 2, an older Wii U third party game, for Christmas too. It was on sale for $7.99 and I couldn't resist it. Here are my first impressions of the game
-----------------------------------

Darksiders 2 is an action/adventure game. Its definitely a mix of different types of games. Combat wise, the game feels like God of War or Devil May Cry. The game also has jumping and running across walls and that reminds me of Persia of Persia. The dungeons and wide open spaces that you explore remind me of Zelda or possibly Elder Scrolls. All of this comes together to produce a game that is really really cool.

Darksiders 2 has fun gameplay. I especially love wandering around, exploring the landscape and dungeons for hidden treasure. I'm definitely enjoying the game a lot.

The game has pretty good graphics too. Its not as stunning as many of the recent Wii U games, but it does have some really cool settings and special effects.

Darksiders 2 has voice acting and its very good! The music and sound effects are good too.

I think the story is interesting but its not as good as the gameplay.

Overall, Darksiders 2 is a very different experience for a Wii U game. It feels more like a game you'd find on one of the other systems. This is a dark, broody game. Still, I really like it.

So far, I've beaten two dungeons and collected a bunch of treasure. I will be doing a review here (sooner or later) for Darksiders 2. For now, if you want to hear more thoughts from me about Darksiders, please check out my twitter @df2506. I'll be talking about the game once and awhile.

Tomorrow, I'll be back with my First Impressions of Blok Drop X Twisted Fusion!

No comments:

Post a Comment