Thursday, December 11, 2014

Its A Tiny Galaxy


Yesterday, I got to try a PC preview build for an upcoming Wii U game called Tiny Galaxy. Thank you to the developer. Taylor Hajash (@ArcanePixel), for letting me try it out. 

Tiny Galaxy stars a no-name hero (at least no name yet) who is traveling across mini-planets to collect three tiny stars. There are blades and other things that get in his way.

Now, I'm not a PC gamer. I'm awful at PC games; I don't feel comfortable playing games with a keyboard and/or a mouse. I like to have a controller in my hands...

So I went into the preview of Tiny Galaxy knowing I would suck at it. And I did.

With the PC demo, I used the keyboard arrows to move and the spacebar to jump. I was horrible at jumping but I did alright moving around. I especially enjoyed the game's graphics. The snow levels, most of all, stood out to me. I loved the little details like the things trapped in the frozen planets. Its a very nice looking game overall.

The gameplay is simple but its fun. I think the game will be a lot more fun on Wii U though. Also this early build had no music or sound. I'm sure music and sound effects will make Tiny Galaxy even better.

Please take a look at these screenshots. As I said, its a wonderful looking game:








I'm looking forward to playing this game on Wii U. The developer told me that the game will support Off-TV mode. That made me extremely happy. I know I'm going to love playing it on the Wii U gamepad. Can't wait!                                                                                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment