Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Its Too Soon For Animal Crossing Wii U


I love Animal Crossing. You all know this by now, right?

I also love the Wii U. Ok, that one is probably more obvious than my Animal Crossing love.

That said, ITS TOO SOON FOR ANIMAL CROSSING WII U.

Why did I put that all in caps?

Well, the whole Animal Crossing Wii U thing really bugs me. Everytime Nintendo releases some kind of AC content for the Wii U, lots of people say " Oh, an Animal Crossing for Wii U must be coming soon."

Its not coming soon. Its too early.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf, for 3DS, only came out about 2 years ago. It hasn't been out very long at all. Each installment of Animal Crossing takes longer than 2 to develop. I think Animal Crossing fans should know that by now. Even City Folk, as rushed as it was, didn't come out that fast. AC doesn't stand for Assassin's Creed. We do not get a new installment every year (or every two years in this case).

And personally, I don't want a new Animal Crossing every year (or two). I want Nintendo to take their time with Animal Crossing and give us something NEW with every installment. If AC Wii U came out this fast, we would just be getting New Leaf 2.0. It would be another City Folk situation. I liked City Folk ALOT but it could have been WAY better. New Leaf was the next step in the Animal Crossing franchise. It added new cool elements to the series. The Wii U version deserves the same thing. It shouldn't be a New Leaf port.

Look. I know a lot of Animal Crossing fans are impatient for the Wii U version. My advice: play more New Leaf. Bored of your current town? Let animals go, put in new projects, heck: delete the file and start over! New Leaf is an amazing game. I bet you haven't seen all the animals the game has to offer or all the projects or gotten even half of the furniture. Animal Crossing is a long term investment game. You're supposed to play it for several years until the next one comes out. It seems like a lot of AC fans are not willing to do this. Its a shame really.

I play my TWO AC towns every day. I still love the game.

sigh. Anyway. I know this won't make any difference. You guys will just keep on talking about wanting a Wii U Animal Crossing won't you? Please have a little patience is all I'm asking. Nintendo needs to take their time with this. AC isn't Mario. We get a new game every few years.

And thats the way it should be. Quality over Quantity.

I'll be back tomorrow with an Indie Game Preview!

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree. A new Animal Crossing feels like a special event. I wouldn't want the market saturated with AC sequels. I think Nintendo learnt a valuable lesson from City Folk. Clear effort went into New Leaf -- and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment artofalmost! You're one of the few people who agree with me. :)

    ReplyDelete