Friday, December 5, 2014

Sonic Boom (Wii U) Demo Impressions


Yesterday, I downloaded the Sonic Boom Wii U demo and pretty much right away, I wished I hadn't downloaded it.

The Sonic Boom demo starts off with Sonic and a pink Hedgehog (sorry don't know her name) entering some kind of factory. We don't really get any kind of story here. Instead, we get very goofy voices from Sonic & his pal.

Gameplay wise, Sonic Boom isn't very impressive. It lacks the speed that Sonic games are known for. Sonic and his pink gal pal wander around the factory and smash enemies. There is a little speed in there too but not much. I guess the controls work ok but the demo was very bland. Everything that makes Sonic, well, Sonic seems to be missing from the demo. Its a very boring demo.

The game's graphics are not bad. I've seen better but Sonic and everything else is pretty 3D dimensional. Still, I think the last Sonic game looked better than this.

I have to admit I've never been a big Sonic fan but I have played some fun Sonic games in the past. Traditional 2D Sonic seems much better than the more 3D Sonic.

I wouldn't want to review the whole game. This just doesn't seem like my type of game. I've heard other people say that this is a bad game and I'd say, at least, the demo was bad. It does not make me want to buy or even rent the full game. I'd recommend people just avoid Sonic Boom and go play an older Sonic game if they really need to play one of his games.

I'll be back tomorrow with an Indie game preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment