Friday, December 12, 2014

Amiibo Panic In the Streets


Recently, Nintendo released figures called amiibos. These figures can interact with the Wii U (and soon the 3DS) by a technology called Near-Field Communication (NFC). They do various things for various games. For Super Smash Bros Wii U, you can train the amiibos to be fighters. For Hyrule Warriors, Link will unlock a new weapon, other figures will unlock random stuff.

Nintendo fans are going pretty crazy about these figures. People are snatching them up as fast as possible...

One of the reasons for this is the rumors that continue to fly about the amiibos. What rumors you ask? Well, just in case you've been living under a rock (or you just don't keep up with Nintendo but read my blog anyway), I'll briefly talk about them...

It started with a rumor that the Villager, Marth, and Wii Fit Trainer amiibos had been discontinued. Then some people started to buy them, either for themselves or to sell them at a high price. Nintendo went on to, sort of, deny the rumor but also said that some amiibos would go away in the future. People started hearing that other figures would soon be discountinued too...

Now every so often on twitter, I hear about someone buying up amiibos as fast as possible. Nintendo fans really are starting to panic about some amiibos going away...

I can tell you for sure that Mario and Zelda related amiibos are not likely to go away. That would be crazy. Almost all Nintendo fans love them. They'll stick around. Ones like Wii Fit Trainer...well...you never know...

But in my opinion, its not a big deal. I bought the two amiibos I wanted at launch: Villager and Link. Not sure if I want anymore. Maybe Toon Link and Yoshi. I haven't decided yet. Overall though, I'm not worried about amiibos. I have a feeling that, even if some go away, they'll eventually come back. Who knows? I'm not worried.

Please calm down everyone. There's still many more amiibos to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment