Saturday, December 27, 2014

Captain Toad First Impressions


For Christmas, I got Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Here are my first impressions of the game
------------------------

Captain Toad is a adventure puzzle game. Each level has you navigating Toad through an environment to get three diamonds, coins, and more. The level variety is really AMAZING. Sometimes the levels are pretty small, while other times, they are a bit bigger. You just never know what cool new area the game will throw at you next. The gameplay is so much fun.

I also love Captain Toad's visuals. This is a very cute game. Its like a wonderful animated cartoon. And some of the levels are just down right beautiful. This is probably the best looking game on the Wii U right now.

Treasure Tracker's music, voice, and sound effects are excellent too. Love when Captain Toad says " Time for Adventure! "

The game's story is simplistic but its also downright cute (like the visuals). Some people might find it kiddy. I don't care. I love it.

Overall, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is a real treasure itself. It may very well be my Game of the Year. Yes, I might like it more than Smash Bros even. We'll see.

I'll have a review of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker sooner or later. Though, for now, I'll just tell you: if you love adventure/puzzle games, you should buy this one. Its so great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be back tomorrow with First Impressions of another Christmas gift: Darksiders 2 for Wii U.

No comments:

Post a Comment