Saturday, January 17, 2015

Super Mario Galaxy 2 First Impressions


This week, Nintendo released Super Mario Galaxy 2 on the Wii U eshop. I thought I had played the game but once I got it, I didn't recall the levels. So I ever played just a little of the game or didn't play the game at all.

Today I'll give you my First Impressions of Super Mario Galaxy 2
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow! This is a Wii game?!

Even on the Wii U, Super Mario Galaxy 2 looks amazing. The graphics are stunning, especially the outer space and underwater levels. And the gameplay....

The gameplay is excellent. Galaxy 2 takes classic Mario gameplay and adds a gravity defying element to it. Also Yoshi is in this game and he plays great. I especially like how you can point the Wii remote at an enemy and press b to have Yoshi eat them.

The only disappointment here is that the game goes into Wii mode, so you can't use the Wii U gamepad to play Galaxy 2. Of course, this game is setup so well with that Wii remote, I'm not sure how you would play it with the gamepad anyway. Still...

In any case, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is an incredibly fun game. I can see why people are always asking for a Mario Galaxy game on Wii U. Imagine how stunning a Galaxy game on Wii U would look and how awesome it would play.

For now, though, I'll just be happy continuing to play this game. Its a great experience no matter what system you play it on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be back tomorrow with another Indie game preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment