Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demo Thoughts


Recently, I got the Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demo and today I wanted to give you a review (of sorts) of it. I've never played Monster Hunter a ton. I played the first demo and didn't care for it much. What did I think of the second demo? Read on to find out!
-----------------------------------------------

The Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demo has single player & local/online multiplayer. I wasn't able to try out the multiplayer because nobody else locally had the demo and you had have friends (or give a code out to people) that had the demo to play with others online. I wish the demo had random matching. Hopefully the actual game does.

So the following thoughts are just my thoughts on the single player:

In the single player demo, you just wander around killing stuff till you find the big boss you're supposed to fight. Its gameplay is neat but feels a bit repetitive. The controls work fine. I don't have a Circle Pad Pro for the camera though. The camera isn't too much of a problem during random fights with smaller animals but it gets a bit tough to manage with the bosses. I suppose a Circle Pad Pro or a New 3DS is really needed for this game.

Graphics wise, I felt like the graphics were better on the last Monster Hunter demo. This time the graphics didn't seem as good. Monster Hunter 4 seems muddy and not altogether clear without the 3D. When the 3D is on, the graphics look better but still not as sharp as the previous entry.

As for sound, I didn't really notice the music much, but I did notice the annoying cat sounds that your sidekicks make. Man that got on my nerves!

Overall, the demo was fine but I'm pretty sure Monster Hunter isn't for me. The gameplay is much too repetitive, the camera is a mixed bag, and the graphics are just not as good as the previous game. And those cat sidekicks! Ugh. Yeah, I don't think I'll be playing anymore Monster Hunter.

---------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow I'll be back with another Indie preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment