Monday, January 26, 2015

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate Demo Multiplayer Impressions


When I wrote about the Monster Hunter 4 demo last time, I hadn't had the chance to play the multiplayer part of the demo. Since then, my dad got a copy of the demo too and I tried it out. Here are my impressions of Monster Hunter's multiplayer

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I wasn't a big fan of Monster Hunter 4's single player. I found it a bit repetitive and the cat companions were really annoying.

I wasn't sure what to expect out of the multiplayer...

Monster Hunter 4's multiplayer is a blast! It is so much more fun to play this game with somebody else. I played the demo with my dad and we had a good time. We played on the easiest mode and went off to hunt down a big creature. It was a lot more fun hunting with him than with those annoying cats. For one: no cat sounds all the time. That was too much. And second of all: the enemies were a lot easier to defeat. Even the big, final guy was easier and we actually finished the quest!

Its not just that things are easier though. Traveling with a fellow hero is cool and its funny how if you get too close to the other players weapon, that effects you! My dad was playing with a big sword. I was getting too close to him and sometimes getting flung into the air. You'd think that would be annoying but it was actually funny.

Overall, multiplayer was just cool. It feels like Monster Hunter 4 was built for this kind of experience. I'm hoping we'll play some more multiplayer soon!

---------------------------------------------

I'll be back tomorrow with an Indie game preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment