Friday, January 23, 2015

Never the Final Fantasy


I use to really love the Final Fantasy series.

I started playing the Final Fantasy games with Final Fantasy 7. That game got my addicted to the series (and I went back and played the older ones even) until Final Fantasy 12 started putting me off of it and 13 just made me want to stop playing the series. Though I did play 13-2 also and it was a little better but not much...

Of course, these days I'm just a Nintendo gamer and the new Final Fantasy games never come to a Nintendo system (so I have no choice but to not play the series). Sometimes, the older games are redone for a Nintendo portable or a spinoff title is created though.

In Japan now, for instance, Final Fantasy 1 has been remade (again) and put on the eshop there. This new FF1 remake looks SO good. Sure, its still pretty retro but its leaps and bounds better looking than the original game or the PS1/GBA remakes.

The sprites are more colorful and the world map and areas to explore have more detail. It looks great and I'm sure it plays great too. As a lapsed Final Fantasy fan, I really hope this game comes to the U.S. Square Enix has said nothing about it yet. We can hope, right?

Here's some footage of the game, via the ever awesome @NintenDaan:


No comments:

Post a Comment