Friday, January 30, 2015

Metroid Prime Thoughts


Yesterday, Nintendo released the Metroid Prime trilogy onto the Wii U eshop. The game was on the Wii originally. The first two games in the collection are from the Gamecube. No matter what you think of Metroid Prime, you can't deny that three games for $9.99 is a heck of a deal. And if you do happen to love these games and no longer have them, well, its an even better deal.

I first played Metroid Prime on the Gamecube. Metroid Prime was one of two games that was responsible for me buying a Gamecube (the other one was the Resident Evil remake). I remember seeing a demo of the first Metroid Prime at a K-Mart and being amazed. My jaw as on the floor. I had never seen a game that looked THAT great. The graphics were amazing and the gameplay was really good. Metroid as a first person shooter? Honestly I never would have guessed how fantastic that could be. I just had to own the game. When I got it, I loved it even more. I thought it  was so great. It did eventually get traded in. I have no idea why. I no longer have a Gamecube either, so it doesn't matter.

Flash forward to the Wii. I bought the Metroid Prime Trilogy collection. I enjoyed it a lot. Though, it got traded in too later on. I can't remember why now.

And here we go again. I've bought Metroid Prime for the third time. This time its downloaded onto my Wii U. I can't trade it in. I'm stuck with it now. ALL THREE GAMES. For $9.99. I am so very happy.

I've started to like digital a lot. Its nice to have games that I can't trade in. I like that. And having Metroid Prime Trilogy like that? So awesome.

I have played the first Metroid Prime a little bit now. I can report that the graphics STILL look great. The gameplay is still solid too. Retro Studios did a great job with these games. I can't wait to replay them all!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be back tomorrow with an Indie game preview.

No comments:

Post a Comment