Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cubemen 2 Impressions


I'm not a big fan of Tower Defense games. I've played a few and thought it was an ok genre. Of course, I'm not very good at TD games; that may be the main reason I'm not a big fan.

Cubemen 2 is a Tower Defense game for Wii U and I like it. Well, I like it so far. I haven't had the game very long. What do I like about the game?

Cubemen has a very unique graphical style. The characters and the ground seem to be made out of, well, cubes. Yes, its all very blocky, but I like it a lot. Making the style even cooler is that you can change the Cubemen's outfits to make them look like knights, zombies, and more! You can also change the way the levels look too.

The levels themselves start out very easy but quickly get harder. i admit I'm not very good at this game so far. I still really like it and hope to get better. The gameplay, though, isn't my favorite feature of the game!

Cubemen 2 has a level editor! You can create your own levels and then share them with other people. I have been playing around with the editor but haven't created a level yet. Its a pretty complex editor & I'm still learning the ropes. I have looked at some levels other people created and they are amazing! Doubt I'll ever create anything that good but hopefully I'll create something neat. There are so many features to Cubemen 2  overall. I know I haven't seen them all.

Cubemen 2 has online multiplayer; I haven't tried it yet. I also saw that there were a lot achievements. Not sure what other features it has yet. I should note that this is NOT a review. I'l write a review of Cubemen 2 after playing the game a ton more.

My first impression though? Cubemen 2 is a very cool game. I've never played a Tower Defense game like this one before!

No comments:

Post a Comment