Friday, October 17, 2014

Bayonetta Shocker


When I first saw Bayonetta 2, I thought it looked awful. It seemed like there was too much action and no substance to the game. It didn't appeal to me at all.

Then, I saw some gameplay on Nintendo Treehouse Live last month and thought that the game looked really good. Sure, there was lots of action, but the graphics looked amazing and it also looked fun. I was definitely interested in Bayonetta 2 for the first time.

This month, we received a demo on the eshop for the game and I tried it out.

First of all, the graphics are really AMAZING. I can think of no other game that looks this good on Wii U. It looks like a game you'd find on a Sony or Microsoft system. I mean that in a good way. I'm sure Bayonetta really pushes the power of the Wii U and shows off what the system can really do. Its also not an all ages game like Nintendo usually does. Bayonetta 2 is an Adult game. Kids should stay far away from Bayonetta. This game is meant for an older audience only. Bayonetta 2 is rare thing indeed for the Wii U.

Another thing thats rare and amazing about Bayonetta is the the action. Wow. Bayonetta never lets up. This is a fast paced, action packed thrill a minute game. It reminds me a lot of Devil May Cry. Expect a lot harder. Get ready to keep pressing buttons and never stop pressing them (well expect for the occasional cutscenes). Bayonetta 2 does have a Touch screen control option and thats kind of neat, but I think the button method is a lot better. Still, its nice to see Bayonetta make use of some of the Wii U's many features. That all said, I really suck at this game.

I died a lot while playing Bayonetta. I just couldn't keep up with all the action. My hands were getting tired. And it made me realize that while the game is VERY impressive, it is also not a game for me. I like action games like this, but I don't love them. I'm more of a Sim/Rpg/Puzzle game fan. So yes, I won't be buying Bayonetta 2 when it comes out. Why do I bother writing about it then? Why am I hyping this game up to you?

Its simple. I want to say this: IF you really love action games, BUY BAYONETTA 2. If you want Nintendo do more MATURE GAMES, buy Bayonetta 2. This is going to be a game that many people will love. Its looks wonderful on the Wii U, it plays great, and its totally different than anything else Nintendo has done. It'll be a must have for many people. Those players SHOULD seek this game out, buy it, and play it to death. Its important that this game is supported. I know those fans are out there. The Wii U needs to have all kinds of games. I hope Bayonetta 2 sells well in America and Europe.

Thats why I wrote this blog entry. I want to help make sure fans hear about this game. Everybody should check out the demo. EVERYBODY. No matter what type of game you like. Just please give the Bayonetta 2 demo a try and see if its to your taste.

Bayonetta 2 is definitely worth a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment