Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Y2K New Footage Thoughts



I've written about Y2K before. Last week a new trailer was brought out for the game. You can see that trailer above. Here are my impressions of the trailer:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHAT THE HECK DID I JUST WATCH?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep. Thats my impressions.

Wait. No. I have more to say.

Y2K's new footage was pretty crazy. But there is a lot to love in it.

First of all, the game's graphics are great. I love its sort of cartoony, sort of realistic type of graphics. The city looks great. The characters look really good.

The game has a turn-based battle system and an overworld map! Its looks like one part Earthbound and one part....I have no freaking idea what else it looks like. Y2K is a really unique looking game.

I'm even more excited to play this game now.

That said, there is one thing I didn't like about the trailer and that was the music in the trailer. I asked the developer if that music would be in the game and he said yes. Hmmm. Though he did say that there was all kinds of music in the game and I was sure to find something I'd like. Well, we'll see about that. My taste of music is rock'n'roll and as far as games, more classical, than the poppy music that developers tend to be force on us with rpgs...

Still, the game looks awesome. And WEIRD. I like weird. Well, not TOO weird. But some weird is good.

Anyway, this is trailer #1. Hopefully it won't be too long till we see a trailer #2.

I'll be back tomorrow with another Indie game preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment