Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Wonderful 101 First Impressions


Today, thanks to the awesome Club Nintendo prizes this month, I was able to get Platinum Games The Wonderful 101 for my Wii U for the cost of 600 Club Nintendo coins. A fantastic deal! I had played a demo of this game and thought it was cool. But I admit with some many other games coming out, I just never had the time to pick up this game before. I'm very happy that Nintendo added it as one of their final rewards.

And now, after playing the game a little, I want to give you my first impressions of the game:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wonderful 101 is the Incredibles plus Viewtiful Joe plus Pikmin. 101 has a ton of action and some puzzles into the mix. The view is zoomed out a bit.

I'm not a major fan of zoomed out views but I can understand why this game has it and thats because of the many, many, many, MANY people that you pick up along the way.


The graphics are REALLY good. The cutscenes do remind me of the Pixar movie the Incredibles. The dialogue is corny, yet fun.


The controls are a bit hard to master. So far I suck at them but I'm sure I'll get better. I like the game's use of the gamepad for fighting moves and inventory. This is a well put together game.


Sound wise, the voice work is well done. The Prologue level music was SO annoying. I thought it would drive me nuts. But the next level's music was pretty good.


I haven't played a ton of the game yet. I beat the Prologue and the first mission. I did good on the prologue but not so good on the first mission. I like how you can buy stuff like items & upgrades in between missions. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this game, even if I never master its controls. Can't wait to play more!


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tomorrow's blog entry will be a bit late. I'm not sure what I'll do for it yet. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment