Thursday, February 12, 2015

Some Thoughts About Zombies and Vikings


Today, I watched the awesome people @zoinkgames play some of Zombie Vikings on Twitch. I previously did a preview of the game here:  http://morethoughtsfrome.blogspot.com/2014/12/never-turn-your-back-on-zombie-viking.html   but I wanted to talk about it a bit more today after seeing the game in action.

Zombie Vikings is just a really insanely fun looking game.

Each of the Zombie Vikings looks pretty unique. One was really muscular and big, another was super short, one guy had an Octopus arm! The weapons in the game are unique too. Swords, a mace, a CANDY CANE. And I love those descriptions of the weapons (one talked about the smell being so bad that it'd would drive the enemy away! ha)

The game has local and online multiplayer. The guys at Zoink! were playing multiplayer and it just looked frantic and crazy. My favorite part was when the zombie vikings were stacked on top of each other. This helps them reach places they normally couldn't.

It looks like there are a lot of treasure chests to find, enemies to beat up, and cool environments to transverse. The game also has the most BIZARRE bosses I've ever seen. One boss has cannons for eyes, a candy cane weapon, and body that I think was made of out gingerbread.

Zombie Vikings looks like so much fun. And I hear its coming out in July! This is going to be a great Wii U eshop game. I so can't wait to play this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment