Wednesday, February 18, 2015

First Impressions of Pokemon Shuffle


Pokemon Shuffle, a puzzle game staring Pokemons, was released on the 3DS eshop today! The game was free to download and play.

Here are my first impressions of the game:
-----------------------------------------------

I'm not a Pokemon fan. That said, I love puzzle games and Pokemon Shuffle was free on the eshop, so how could I NOT download the game?

First of all, it should be noted that the game does have an optional pay option to it. You start out with 5 hearts and you use a heart each time you play a level in the game. Once you're out of hearts, you can use a Jewel to buy more hearts (if you have one), wait until the timer by the hearts runs down and gives you a new heart or....you can go to the eshop and buy a Jewel (or two or three or...) so that you can buy some hearts.

You will randomly get a jewel once and awhile, so you don't have to go to the eshop to buy one with real money. If you have patience, you can just wait till your hearts recharge to play more of the game too.

Pokemon Shuffle is pretty addictive. The game seems simple but it has quite a few rules and I'm not even going to bother trying to explain them. I think I'd just get you confused (if that heart thing doesn't already have you confused). I will say that you don't always have to move the pokemon where the game tells you to move them. In fact, sometimes you're better off if you look around the board and decide to move them elsewhere.

In any case, I'm enjoying my time with the game so far. I used a jewel to buy more hearts and kept playing. I had another jewel but decided I would wait till my hearts regenerate. I can't play the game ALL DAY (though I was tempted). I have blogs to write!

Pokemon Shuffle seems like a good distraction for now. I'm not sure how many stages the games has. I do know that you can get special stages by connecting to the internet (once and awhile). I got a special stage today that'll be available for three weeks. Hmm. If they keep this going for awhile, I could stay addicted to this game longer than I ever thought I'd be addicted to a Pokemon game! Whoa.

Well, finally, I just want to say that if you're a puzzle fan or a pokemon fan or both, then you'll want to download the game and try it out. Its FREE. You don't have to pay anything to play this. I'm sure that some of you will want to though.

--------------------------------------------

I'll be back tomorrow. There's a demo for the rpg Citizens of Earth coming out on Wii U and 3DS so I might do a blog entry out that. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment