Saturday, February 25, 2012

A Vita Suprise

I was going around the corner to look at the cheap PS3 games section in Walmart today and I stumbled into a hidden Vita demo unit.

First thing I noticed about it was how huge the touch screen is. Wow. Very cool. I also liked the twin analog sticks and the button placements. Though, the touch screen was all fingerprinted up. Still, that didn't stop me from trying out some game demos.

The first demo I tried was Uncharted: Golden Abyss. The graphics are the first thing I'd noticed about the demo. Uncharted really looks like your playing a PS3 game in the palm of your hand. Very impressive. Next thing I was noticed was the touch screen controls. Moving the menus with the touch screen is not very quick and a bit gimmicky. So is touching rails to grab them. Though it seems that you can use the buttons to grab rails too. Thats good. The button controls were really good & I liked that the second analog stick was there to change the camera. Overall, it was a fun demo.

The second demo I tried was Hot Shots Golf. This game impressed me even more than Uncharted. Really good graphics and you just used the buttons to hit the ball. Simple & fun. Very nice.

The next demo I tried was Modnation Racers. Never actually played much of it though because I couldn't figure out how to get a race started with the touch screen controls. lol. I admit by this point I was in a rush too because I was going to have to leave Walmart.

I did have time to briefly check out another demo. The last demo I tried was a game called Gravity Rush. I'm not sure what type game it was. Maybe RPG? I didn't see a combat system, just a girl wandering around a town. But the graphics! WOW! Possibly the most impressive graphics of all the demos I played. Very nice!

My play time with the Vita today was really good. I walked away from it wishing I had one! lol.

That said, the $250-300 price tag is just too high for me. I'm already invested in the 3DS and there's more games I want on the 3DS (whenever they come out) than Vita.

Still, if I was rich....

So the way I see it is this: if you have to have PS3-type graphics and cool gameplay and you have a ton of money, go for the Vita. If you want something a bit cheaper, that has very nice graphics and great gameplay, go with the 3DS. If you have a TON of money, go for both.

They are both very cool & really fun.

Yes, I was impressed by the Vita. I will, without a doubt, be checking out that demo unit again when I go to Walmart next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment