Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Hugo should have won best picture


Tonight, I watched the movie Hugo for the first time.

And WOW! I loved it.

I went into the movie thinking it was just going to be a fantasy kid's movie.

It was not a fantasy movie, although it had elements of fantasy and it was much more than a kid's movie.

Its a very different from anything else Martin Scorsese has done. Its full of wonder, excitement, adventure, and its a movie the whole family can enjoy. I really do think the young & the old will enjoy this movie. Its got two layers really: the kid's adventure movie & the movie that just loves movies and wants to tell a story around that. If I say anything about the plot I'll ruin it. I just know it. So I won't. I'll just say that its a wonderful, fantastic, amazing movie.

Oh and it should have won best picture. Hugo is a movie that celebrates everything that the Oscars is saying its celebrating. Its a love letter to movies. I can see why it was nominated and I'm not sure why it didn't win. The Artist will have to be a really jaw-dropping movie to make me believe that it deserved the award over Hugo. I'll guess I'll find out sooner or later if it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment