Friday, February 10, 2012

Top 5 Things #2: All-Time Favorite Movies


1. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King: I love all three of the Lord of the Rings movies, but the third is the best because it does an amazing job of tying the whole trilogy up and also its the most epic of the three movies. A true masterpiece and I'm glad that it won that Best Picture Oscar.

2. The Dark Knight: I almost put Chris Nolan's movie Memento here, but then I thought about the Dark Knight and what a fantastic movie it is. The Dark Knight is a Batman movie, but its also a Joker movie. Unlike the very first Batman movie with Jack Nicholson though, the Joker doesn't over power the movie. Instead, Heath Ledger creates one of the greatest villians to ever pop up on the big screen. And also unlike Jack, Heath becomes the character and makes you forget about the actor. Bale and the rest of the cast are great in this too. I think the Dark Knight Rises is going to have a hard time toping this movie!

3. All the President's Men: This movie is one of my favorites because its such a great look into the world of Journalism. Redford & Hoffman are great in this and the story is just so well done. A classic.

4. Vertigo: Alfred Hitchcock AND Jimmy Stewart's best movie! Vertigo is intense, well directed, well written, well acted. Its a movie that keeps you guessing and stays with you after you've seen it.

5. Vanilla Sky: Cameron Crowe is one of my favorite directors and whenever he does a new movie, I'm excited. His movies are always really good. So far, Vanilla Sky is my favorite of his movies. Tom Cruise is perfect in this part and everything from the directing to the music to the writing comes together to create a very surreal, mysterious movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment