Thursday, March 29, 2012

Why I love Animal Crossing

I will never stop playing Animal Crossing. NEVER. Why? Because I love the game. I've been playing the game since the FIRST Animal Crossing on the Gamecube. Loved it then, love it now. Is it perfect? No. Does it get boring sometimes? Sure. But I keep playing the game because there's always suprises; there's always fun.

There's a new animal I've never seen in the city, I found an item I've never seen before, I meet a new player, or one of my friends I haven't seen in ages suddenly plays again. And the friends I have now! Oh man, they are great. Its always wonderful to talk to them, see how their day has been going, kid around with them, etc. Its a nice break from the real world.

Animal Crossing is a game about a human moving to a town full of animals. The animals are not always smart, but they are often funny. And there's so much to do in the game. You can fish, bug hunt, collect furniture, go visit your friends online, go to the City, plant pitfalls so that the animals you don't like fall into them, and more. The game is part game and part imagination.

You HAVE to build the game yourself. Cause the game has no ending. It just goes on forever. I suppose thats why some people get tired of it after awhile. There's no end in sight. Its just the same old same old to them.

But it doesn't have to be that way. Dad and I keep our town interesting because we let animals go, Dad will change the flowers, the path, the trees. We visit with our friends, we meet new friends, and we don't play the game all day and night like we did in the beginning. You have to find yourself some great friends to meet every day and set up a time to meet them. But you must also be open to playing other times when other friends want to play.

Animal Crossing is a SIM game. Its not for everyone. Its not for VERY young kids, cause they won't know how to play the game. And its NOT for people that need ACTION, ACTION, ACTION or STORY, STORY, STORY. The action is what you make it in Animal Crossing. The story is what you make it.

Take my town with my dad for instance (please. lol), we named it Asgard and named our characters Thor, Loki, Odin, and Beowulf. So we have the whole Norse town theme going on.

Another friend has all these animals with red eyes and she's having them say BLOOD!, so her town is Vampire themed.

Another friend has a town called DISNEY. And has Winnie the Pooh on the ground and she is wonderful at making Disney patterns like the Incredibles.

You don't have to have a theme to your town, but it helps.

I just love this game. I know some people get tired of it. I know they do.

My family never will though. We have too much time invested in the game. Dad and I have been with the game since the start, mom has been with it since Wild World. We are addicted. Its just impossible to stop.

Not saying that when the new game for 3DS comes out that we will still play City Folk a lot. We may play it a little and eventually not at all, but we WILL still be playing an Animal Crossing (3DS).

So if your a friend of ours thats stopped playing, we'd love to see you again. We're still playing. We'll still be playing as long as they make the games.

I can't think of any other game series I love more.

No comments:

Post a Comment