Monday, March 19, 2012

EUREKA! Its coming back!


Today I found out that one of my favorite shows is coming back soon (April 16!). The show is called Eureka and its going on its FINAL season. I wish that wasn't so. Let me explain a bit about the show (in case you haven't seen it).

Eureka centers around a small town run by the goverment. The town is mostly full of really smart people, most of whom work at a place Global Dynamics. The shows main character is Sheriff Jack Carter. Jack is the sheriff of the town, but also handles problems that come up with GD too. Jack isn't as smart as the other people in town, though he's nowhere as dumb as he might look or even act sometimes. Jack has come up with brillant solutions at unexpected times. Out of all the characters in the show, Jack really hasn't changed that much. He's still a fun character though.

As for the feel of the show, its a sci-fi/fantasy show with a mix of comedy & some drama. It tends toward the funny side mostly, but it has had some good dramatic moments here and there. The show has good effects, but the show cares more about its characters and storylines than delivering out of this world effects (so don't expect Battlestar Galactica like effects. Maybe a bit closer to Dr. Who's effects).

I'm trying to not say too much about the other characters, because I don't want to give too many plot twists away for people who have not seen the show.

One other character I would like to mention, though, is Jack Carter's house. Yes, his house is a character too. In fact, his house TALKS. It doesn't have a mouth or anything crazy like that. The voice is a computer voice that comes from some unseen speakers in the house. The house's name is SARAH. She's just a voice, but Eureka has really made her into a fun, sometimes funny character who seems just as real as any of the other characters.

Eureka is a FUN show. Its unlike anything else on TV. Also the previous season the writers really stepped up the writing and took some BIG chances and made some BIG changes. I hear this final season is supposed to be exciting too.

I wish it wasn't ending. I think they could do so much more with it. I'm not really sure why the network is canceling it. :(

If you've never seen Eureka, I recommend it. Its a really good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment