Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm Reading #2

Still reading A Princess of Mars, but also reading another book too. Just got the book! Its called Which Lie Did I Tell?: More Adventures in the Screen Trade and its by William Goldman.

Goldman is a screenwriter who's written classic movies like Misery, the Princess Bride, Marathon Man, Butch Cassiday and the Sundance Kid, and many more. In Which Like Did I Tell, he tells stories from his time in hollywood.

My favorite, so far, is the Princess Bride chapter. If you haven't seen Princess Bride, you should. Especially if you fantasy movies. Bride is so well put together. Its a good family movie too. It starts with a Grandfather telling his sick grandson a story and shows you the story & goes back to the grandfather & grandson sometimes. The movie has romance, fantasy, action, adventure, and funny moments too. Its a movie some guys might think they'd not like just cause of the title. I say to them and to anybody else who might think " I don't know. Princess Bride? Not sure. ": get past it. Especially, like I said, if you like fanasy and action, and adventure and don't mind romance (or movies that don't take themselves too seriously).

Princess Bride is an older movie now. I think it come out in the 80s. Goldman talks a little bit about the creation of the book (which he wrote for his kids) and the movie. Its very interesting.

The next chapter is about the movie Misery (based on the Stephen King novel). Very good movie (good book too). Can't wait to read that chapter!

I love books like this. Of course, I wanna be a working writer, so I always love reading books about other writers and their experiances (and hopefully tips too). Goldman's book is well written and very interesting so far.

I'll continue to read A Princess of Mars too, but I wouldn't doubt that I'll be spending more time with Which Lie Did I Tell? than in the world of John Carter for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment