Friday, March 16, 2012

Music to My Ears

We all have different definations of what music is. Not everyone has the same taste in music and some of us can't stand certain types of music. Hey, I even hear there's people who don't like music at all. Is that true? I don't know. Never met a person that didn't like some kind of music. I suppose its possible though.

Instead of going on and on about the type of music I don't like, though, I'm going to go on and on about the type of music I LOVE.

At a young age, I was introduced to the Beatles by my father and they became my favorite band too. I also was introduced to tons of other 60s, 70s, and some 80s rock'n'roll too. Over the years, I've met other bands and songwriters from those times that have become big favorites: like Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, the Who, the Eagles, and many others.

I would say its the song writers that actually write their own stuff, like the Beatles, Paul Simon, Bruce Springsteen, the Eagles, etc that I love the most. There's something absolutely magical and wonderful about the songs that were created in those times. I'm not sure I can fully explain what it is that makes me love the music so much.

I was born in a different time, the 80s, so rock'n'roll was still around then but it was slowly fading away. Sure there are great singers like Paul Simon, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springteen, the Rolling Stones, that are still out there playing and making new music, but their not what's "popular" anymore. I don't care.

Rock'n'roll lives on and its amazing how just when you think maybe its gone for good, some new song appears from an old artist or a new one, and brings it back into the spotlight. Good music never fades away. As long as we hold onto what we love, it'll always be there. Turn up the sound, sing along, forget your troubles. Music to my Ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment