Monday, March 5, 2012

Alas Terra Nova...

And another TV Show bites the dust.

This time Terra Nova from FOX Network here in the U.S was canceled.

Terra Nova was a show about people from the future going to the past, the time of the dinosaurs, to start over because the future is so messed up.

The show was a bit of family drama, along with a bit of sci-fi & fantasy too. It started off interesting, got a bit slow during the middle and ended with a really awesome finale. It wasn't a great series, but it was a good one.

It also did good in the ratings. So its cancelation is a bit of mystery. Well, until you realize that the show was expensive to make. The cancelation of the show was mostly because of money, but I think also it wasn't a favorite show at FOX either.

The network has now canceled TWO Monday night shows: House & Terra Nova. I'm expecting them to cancel Alcatraz (a really good show) because its doing poor in the ratings. Another Monday show. And Fringe, a Friday night show, seems doomed too. I think I said it in another blog entry, but if they keep this up there really won't be any reason for me to keep watching FOX next season. It looks like every show I care about on the network right now is likely to be canceled.

I guess time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment