Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I'm Reading #1


Currently I'm reading A Princess of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs! I decided to start reading it after I saw the movie.

I have the story in a sci-fi short story collection I own. A Princess of Mars really isn't a short story though. Its more like a shorter book. Its said to be science fiction, but I don't really see it as that.

Princess is actually more of a fantasy than sci-fi. I guess when it was written it was sci-fi, but now that we know more about Mars, this would fit more under fantasy. Still, its a really fun story, though totally different from what I'm use to reading..

So far, there is no dialogue in the story (this may change). The story is told via first person narration. Its a very descriptive first person narration too. At first, when John Carter was on Earth, I wasn't sure if I liked the story, but once he got on Mars I really started getting into the story.

I can't wait to read more of it! I'll let you all know if I read more of the John Carter books. I hope so. It seems like a fun series of books. Also, I'm unsure if there will be a sequel to the movie. I really hope there is! If you haven't seen the movie yet, please go see it. Its awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment