Saturday, March 24, 2012

The Kid (Icarus) is back!


Back in the NES days, Nintendo made a game called Kid Icarus. They did a sequel to it on the Gameboy. Then, there was nothing. Unlike Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, etc, Kid Icarus has had only two games...well...that is...until NOW.

Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS came out on Friday. I did not plan to buy the game orignally. I wasn't a fan of the first game. Sure it was neat, but it was WAY too hard for my tastes. Never did play the second game for the Gameboy. And the new one looked great, but I wasn't sure if it was for me.

This week, though, I had been reading a lot of reviews of the game, plus seeing more videos of it. I thought it looked great: gameplay and graphics. Also, I admit, I've been really bored with my other 3DS games lately. I needed a NEW game.

So I gave in and bought Kid Icarus: Uprising.

And its a GREAT game. The graphics are amazing, the gameplay is fun (and as challenging as you want it to be), the item collection is addictive, the online multiplayer is cool fast-paced action fun, the 3D is the best the 3DS has to offer (so far), and the story is nice. I like the voice acting too. It can be a bit corny, but its also a bit funny.

Kid Icarus is a the best 3DS game out now. If you like action games, you should get this one. Its a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment