Saturday, March 3, 2012

It Came From Outer Space!

Today on Twitter, I won a copy of a PS3 downloadable game from IGN. The game is called Tales From Outer Space: About A Blob. Here are my impressions of the game so far:

About A Blob is a 2D platformer/puzzle game where you control a blob who is trying to survive in a world that does not like him one bit. In order to survive, the blob absorbs items around the stages into itself in order to grow bigger. Each stage you go through has one or two size limits for the blob. You have to get the blob a certain size in order for it to continue on its journey. Each stage the blob's size is reset and he has to grow again. Along the way, he must also jump over obstacles, figure out puzzles, and shoot things that want to harm him with objects he spits out. About A Blob is a really fun game.

The game's graphics are cartoony and nice. The gameplay is well done and each stage offers new & interesting challenges. The game has a wacky sense of humor too. Some of the stuff the blob can absorb is rather bizarre. I have not beat the game yet. I'm trying to take it slow. So I haven't seen all the stages yet, but I like the stages I've seen. Oh and the game has an off-line two-player mode too if you want to play it with somebody. I have no tried the multiplayer, but I'm sure its neat. I'm really glad I won this game!

So would I have paid for this game? I had tried the demo for this game before, but it hadn't been on my buy radar. That was a mistake because this is a really cool game and I was missing out on something here. If you like platformers/puzzle games & have a PS3, I recommend downloading the demo to see if its to your taste.

I'm glad I got it. This was a really unexpected win. I'm very happy with it and can't wait to play more of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment