Thursday, March 15, 2012

Movies I Can't Wait to See This Year


Its amazing to think that the year has only just started and already there's been one really fantastic action-packed, adventure filled movie (John Carter). I wonder if any of the other movies will top it. Then I start to think of the other movies coming and I realize that probably one of them will.

In May, the second blockbuster of the year arrives. The Avengers is a movie that I thought would never get made. The Hulk, Captain America, Iron Man, and Thor all in the same movie?! Years and years ago that would have just been a comic book fan's geeky dream movie. Now Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, has made the Avengers movie a reality! A ton of the best Marvel heroes in one movie going against the evil Loki (half-brother of Thor). Its going to be a really EPIC movie. I'm sure Whedon will do it justice. Can't wait.

In June, Disney Pixar is bringing out a brand new film called Brave. I don't know much about it other than its about a Scottish princess. It looks quiete good though and knowing Pixar it'll be a MUST see.

Then in July, two big superhero movies arrive. The one I'm looking forward to the most is The Dark Knight Rises. This is the final movie in the Chris Nolan Batman trilogy. Christan Bale returns as Batman and all the other key players: Gary Oldman as Gordon and Micheal Caine as Alfred return. Plus villians Bane & Catwoman make their first appearance. I'm not a huge Bane fan, but I have faith in Nolan. I think he'll make him a cool villian. I also think Catwoman will be the best Catwoman ever seen on screen. It'll be an awesome movie for sure.

The other July movie is The Amazing Spider-man. I had my doubts about this one at first. They were going to redo Spider-man again?! And the new look, at first, looked a bit Twilight-like. Now that I've seen more trailers the movie looks VERY cool. I like that Peter's parents are being used in this one, plus the Lizard is a villian that never showed up in the other movies. I think this is going to be a good movie and hopefully I'll get to see it at the thearter.

There are other movies coming out this year too, like the new James Bond movie, but the movie that I'm the MOST excited about is coming at the end of the year.

That movie, of course, is The Hobbit! I love the Lord of the Rings and a trip back to that world is going to be amazing. Its great that Peter Jackson is directing it again and I'm glad a lot of the key people from LOTR are coming back. If any movie this year is, without a doubt, going to beat John Carter its THIS movie. The Hobbit is going to be wonderful; there is no doubt in my mind about that. Just wish we didn't have to wait till the end of the year to see it! *sigh*

So those are the key movies I'm looking forward to this year. I think all of them will be a lot of fun.

Still, I can't wait to get John Carter on Blu-ray. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment