Friday, June 12, 2015

You Shot My Hat Off You Dirty Robot



I've talked about Steamworld Heist before (a couple of times actually). But with the recently revealed 3DS screenshots AND the new Zombie Vikings VS Steamworld Heist video, I felt like it was time to talk about this game again. Plus this is one of my most anticipated games for 3DS/Wii U AND it'll be at E3. Seems like a good time to talk about it yes? Thats what I thought!



In the recent Zombie Vikings VS Steamworld Heist video I mentioned (I'll include it at the end of this post), Heist was shown off some more. What was shown blew my mind completely.

Steamworld Heist, in case you didn't read my other blog entries, is a side scrolling turn-based strategy game. You play robots, outerspace robots, who invade other ships to get water. These robots are obsessed with water! As you can see in the above screenshot, you'll face off against other robots and you'll have some pretty big ships to explore and find stuff in.

My favorite part, still, is that you can shoot off the hats of the other robots. You get to collect the hats too. The robots are obsessed with water AND hats. Maybe not in that order.



Another cool thing about Steamworld Heist, shown off in the screenshot above, are Trick Shots in the game. The player is rewarded when they pull off tricky shots (aka bouncing a bullet off a wall and getting it to hit an enemy). You see, while Steamworld Heist's battles are turn-based, its firing mechanic is hands-on. You control your robot's guns and have to carefully aim at the enemy. Its all skill based. There's no luck or rolling the dice in this game. As Yoda would say " You do or you do not; there is no try."



Also: look at those graphics! Steamworld Heist looks amazing on the 3DS. It also looks great in HD.

Check out this Zombie Vikings Vs Steamworld Heist video:


For some more 3DS screenshots, check out this article at Image & Form's blog: http://imageform.se/first-look-at-steamworld-heist-on-3ds-one-liner-winners/. Thats where I got all the pics for this article!

And keep your eyes peeled on Image & Form's website and their twitter (@ImageForm) for more information about Steamworld Heist! Including a release date and more pictures and the Steamworld Heist Ambassador contests! It's all VERY awesome!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be back on Monday with my recap/opinion of the Smash Direct & the Nintendo World Championship!

E3 week is almost here!!!!! In case you didn't know, I'm extremely excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment