Friday, June 19, 2015

My Final Nintendo E3 2015 Thoughts

Image result for Nintendo E3 2015

I wrote about the Nintendo Digital Event and how I much I loved it already. So I'll skip that part of Nintendo's E3 (but I had to post another muppet pic. Just HAD to). Lets talk about the Treehouse and how I think Nintendo ultimately did this E3.

First of all, I thought the Treehouse was really good. Sure, they did repeat a lot of games. They did that last year too. But you won't find any other people who are this excited about the games that they are involved in making.You can tell how much these people love and enjoy the games. Its a joy to watch them play and talk about games, especially ones you're really interested in.

Image result for Treehouse Happy Home Designer



My favorite Treehouse Spotlight, the one I'm still watching over and over, is Happy Home Designer. You all know how much of an Animal Crossing fan I am. Happy Home Designer has turned out to be a fantastic surprise and I can't wait to see more of it. I really enjoyed this spotlight. I wish there had been another spotlight for the game. Oh well. Hopefully we'll see more in a Direct soon.

Image result for Nintendo Treehouse 2015

I loved the spotlight on the amiibo. Especially the amiibo cards and the Animal Crossing figures. Though the 8-bit Marios above are really cool too. I know its going to be hard to find all this stuff. Though I'm crossing my fingers about the cards.

Image result for Nintendo Treehouse 2015

There was so much more I liked about the Treehouse but I think most of that was covered on my twitter (@df2506).

I really could go on and on forever about Nintendo this E3. But I won't.

I think Nintendo did a great job this year. Actually, ever since they switched from press conferences to Digital Events and added the Treehouse, Nintendo has been rocking E3. Last year we got a TON of new Wii U games announced. This year, the focus was on the 3DS. I'm more than ok with this because I own both systems. So I really enjoyed seeing all of the excellent Wii U surprises we got last year. And I think the 3DS ones this year are equally as good.

Plus, we did get some Wii U surprises, just maybe not the ones people wanted. Personally, I really liked the look of Animal Crossing amiibo festival. I think its great that the AC franchise is getting a different kind of spinoff. It looks like a party game that I'd enjoy a lot. Not so sure about Mario Tennis, but the graphics looked good. And Star Fox wowed me.

Overall, I thought this was one of Nintendo's best E3's. Even better than last year. Was it their best ever? Who knows. Nintendo is NOT done yet.

Oh and if you weren't happy with what Nintendo did at E3, wait two seconds. They'll be a Nintendo Direct soon.

(Ok, two seconds is an exaggeration BUT it won't be too long till we see Nintendo again. you can bet on that).

For Nintendo, E3 is just a stop along the way. They don't need E3. E3 needs them. Nintendo has announcements throughout the year. They will continue to surprise you no matter what they do. Thats Nintendo for you. They want fun, surprises, and to be different from everyone else.

And I hope they always stay this way.

-----------------------------------------------

The pictures above were taken from Google. All are copyright Nintendo

This blog will be back on June 29th. Most likely with an Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment