Monday, June 15, 2015

Thank you Nintendo


Wow! Have you seen the Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct from yesterday? If you haven't, don't read this post. Also if you haven't seen the Nintendo World Championship either, don't read this post. Of course, I will have both videos at the bottom of the post if you want to check them out there! Then, you can come back and read my post if you want.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Smash Bros Nintendo Direct yesterday was very cool. Yes, we were spoiled a little a day early with some info about the Direct but that didn't ruin the experience for me. Ryu and Lucas looked great in action. And I had no idea about the new stages or the youtube & tourney stuff thats coming later. For me, the Smash Direct was a complete success. It made me want to play Smash again. I downloaded the Kirby stage and I play to download Ryu and Lucas as soon as I can. Nintendo is keeping the Smash Bros hype alive. Its pretty amazing.

Though, not as amazing as the Nintendo World Championship!

You know, I thought I might be bored by some of the Championship. So I figured that I would only watch some of it and check out more of it later. I was so wrong. The event was not boring at all. Nintendo grabbed my attention right away by showing new Yoshi Woolly World footage and THEN revealing that Mother 1 (aka Earthbound 1) was coming to North America that night!!! My reaction: OH MY GOODNESS. WOW. I was so shocked and amazed. Nintendo blew my mind. I thought that the first Earthbound would never come to the U.S. This is a game that has, for a long time, been a Japan exclusive. So its just amazing that Earthbound Beginnings is on the eshop right now. I still can't believe it. And I hope that I'll be able to get it very soon too!!

But these revelations were only the start of the Championship. From there, Nintendo kept surprising me by the games that they had the competitors playing. The most surprising was Blastball but it wasn't the best game of the show by any means. Blast Ball looks neat but I suspect Nintendo is holding back their better games for tomorrow. No, the game that stole the show was SUPER MARIO MAKER. That was just amazing. The people at Nintendo HQ are just brilliant and created some insanely hard levels for the final two guys to play. It was fantastic to watch and it made me want Super Mario Maker even more. I can't wait to find out what levels I can make (and what other people make).

So, yes, we watched the entire Nintendo World Championship. And it was amazing. It was one of the best Nintendo fan moments I've ever had. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for the people who were lucky enough to be there. Wow.

Thank you Nintendo! You're the best!

Here are the two videos like I promised. Enjoy them for the first time or watch them again:



I'll be back tomorrow with my impressions of the Nintendo Digital Event!

No comments:

Post a Comment