Friday, May 22, 2015

Various Nintendo/Indie Thoughts


Hi everyone, I'm running behind on this blog a bit today. I've had a very busy day. I thought today I'd just talk about some of the various Nintendo and Indie thoughts I have. Hope thats alright with everyone. I should have a blog entry on Monday about the final Splatoon Global Testfire (its tomorrow!! at 5-6pm central). Ok onto my various thoughts:

-Look at what I saw today at the theater.

Embedded image permalink

Yep! I saw Splatoon advertised on the BIG SCREEN via a Nintendo First Look. And the game looked amazing on the big screen. It reminded me just how much I loved the Splatoon Global Testfire. I was also so happy to see Nintendo advertise one of their games like this. So great!

-Also. I getting Splatoon on May 29th. In fact, I have the game all downloaded onto my system! I pre-purchased Splatoon and downloaded it. So I'm ready for May 29th already. Wish I could borrow a Tardis.

-Shiny the Firefly Demo. I played a demo of an Indie game called Shiny the Firefly yesterday. I thought it was good! I had never heard of the game before I heard of the demo though. Its a neat little game where you control a firefly who has to go rescue baby fireflies. It uses the Wii U touchscreen some and has off-tv play. Strangely, the off-tv play doesn't seem to have music or sound effects on it. Maybe there's some setting for it. I'm not sure. Overall, I thought Shiny was a neat game but I'm not sure if I'd buy it or not. I'll have to play the demo some more.

-Animal Crossing forever. I'll be playing Animal Crossing as long as Nintendo makes the games (and I'm alive). I just love this series. I'm a HUGE Legend of Zelda fan...but if an Animal Crossing and a Legend of Zelda came out at the same time and I could only buy one of the games....I'd buy Animal Crossing. Seriously. I just love the series a ton. I never get tired of it. I still play Animal Crossing New Leaf every single day.

-Speaking of Animal Crossing. I'm excited for Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer for the 3DS. BUT I  hope there's more to it than just using amiibo cards to decorate animal's houses and invite animals to look at it. I'm hoping the game is as good as New Leaf at least. Too much to hope for? Maybe. Lets hope Nintendo shows more of this game at E3!

-Not all Indie Games are created equal. As I continue to review games for Shigeru News, I'm struck by the various degrees of games on the Wii U and 3DS. Some games are good (or amazing even), while other games...well...other games are pure trash. Its amazing how many different developers come to the Wii U (and 3DS). Some Indie developers are really talented, while there's other developers that I wish would stop making games. I won't list any names or anything. But W-O-W. Ugh. shivers. Thank goodness for the good/great Indie developers though. Thank you guys for putting your games on the Wii U.

-I love Nintendo.

And thats it! I'll see you again on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment