Friday, May 8, 2015

Splatoon Nintendo Direct Thoughts


Yesterday, Nintendo had a Splatoon Nintendo Direct. Here are my thoughts on the video:
----------------------------------

I'm still not sure about Splatoon. A lot of people have been really excited about Splatoon since it was first revealed but I haven't been. I think the game looks neat and interesting but it also seems more Nickelodeon than Nintendo. The game gives off a "its for kids only" vibe.

The Splatoon Nintendo Direct offered up some neat new details but didn't really change my opinion of the game. The clothes, weapons, & rpg aspects look good but the graphics still seem too Nickelodeon. The pop music aspect of the game is shiver inducing too.

I did enjoy how the Direct was presented as a scientist talking about a new species that found. It was a very humorous direct. Not as funny as the Tomodachi Direct but still a good one.

My favorite revelation of the Splatoon Direct is the Testfire demo. I thought Nintendo would do a Splatoon demo but I was surprised that it was an Online demo. Nintendo has never done a beta before. I hope this works out for them so they'll do more! I do wish they had picked better (and more) play times. And also included an off-line mode. Still I have to admit I'm interested in playing this demo. Despite my reservations, I wonder if I'll like Splatoon better when I play it. I'm hoping so. I love Nintendo and want to love their new game.

So I'll be playing the Splatoon demo tonight at 10pm. I hope everything goes ok & I'll get to play. IF I do, I'll have my Splatoon demo impressions for you on Monday.

Until then! Check out the Direct here if you haven't seen it:


No comments:

Post a Comment