Monday, May 4, 2015

Paper Mario 64 Arrives on the Wii U!!

Image result for Paper Mario 64

Last week, Paper Mario 64 came to the Wii U. I had downloaded the game on the Wii Virtual Console and so I was able to buy the Wii U version for $2! Here are my thoughts on the Wii U version so far:

Image result for Paper Mario 64

I love Paper Mario. This is such a great game. It takes two of the things that I really love: Mario games and RPGS and creates a delightfully fun game.

The graphics on Paper Mario still look good on the Wii U. Yes, the game looks darker and the lack of widescreen bugs me to no end, but the paper thin character models and diorama backgrounds are as charming as ever.

Image result for Paper Mario 64

And the battle system! Man, I love Paper Mario's battle system. The menu system is perfect and the turn-based battles run at a very nice pace.

I'm not too far into the game yet, so I only have the Gomba friend thats pictured behind Mario so far. But I love the buddy system in this game. Mario has some really unique and cool partners in this game. Like:

Image result for Paper Mario 64

and

Image result for Paper Mario 64

What a great game! If you haven't played it before or even if you have, go to the Wii U eshop and get it now!

I love that Nintendo added Restore Points and Suspended Play to this game. Now you don't have to worry about getting to that next save. You can quite playing whenever you want too. As it should with all games (imo).

Ok, now I have to go play some Paper Mario 64. See you all again on Friday!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

All pictures above are from Google and are copyright Nintendo.

No comments:

Post a Comment