Monday, May 18, 2015

Sneaking Around the Wii U


I remember the first time I played Metal Gear Solid on the PS1. I didn't like it. The overhead sneaking around thing didn't seem like my kind of thing. Then I played Metal Gear Gear Solid 2 and loved that. I eventually played Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes (the remake of MGS on the Gamecube) and enjoyed that game.

Why am I talking about Metal Gear Solid? Well, whenever I think about sneaking games, Metal Gear Solid pops into my head. MGS was the king of sneaking games. Stealth was the order of the day.

Canvaleon is a 2D platfomer/sneaking game coming to the Wii U. Its main "gimmick" is that your character has camo that you use to sneak past enemies. Metal Gear Solid 3 had camo too but in my opinion, the camo in Canvaleon looks a lot cooler. Just like in MGS3, you have a camo percentage and depending on that, you have a better chance of sneaking past the enemies. Though, how you get camo in Canvaleon is definitely more unique than Snake Eater.


As you can see in the picture above, you can create camo for your character. You use the Wii U gamepad to actually color on your character with shades of paint. This looks like a lot of fun! I think its a great way for the developer to use the Wii U gamepad and I bet some players will have some pretty creative (and not so creative) camo. And hopefully they'll be able to show off their camo on Miiverse!


You can also buy camo from from the above store. To get both the paint or buy from the store, you have to find color butterflies in the levels. I think this store guy looks pretty cool.


As I said earlier, the actual gameplay of Canvaleon is platforming/sneaking. Its looks like a lot of fun (and possibly tricky in places). The game's graphics look very nice too. Here, look at more screenshots:





The game looks to have a good variety of levels and enemies. Canvaleon definitely looks like a game that was designed with a lot of love and attention to detail.


Canvaleon is coming to the Wii U on June 18th! Check out this trailer:


Looks like this will be a game worth keeping an eye on! What do you guys think?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of the above pictures are from the the developer, OXIAB Game Studio, official website! The trailer is from their youtube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment