Monday, March 30, 2015

Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars Impressions


Mario

On Friday, I bought and downloaded Mario VS. Donkey Kong Tipping Stars for the Wii U. I also got a code for the 3DS version. I gave the code to my father. He's been playing the game a lot. I've been playing the game a ton too and here are my impressions of the game so far (note: this is not review. I may do one later though):
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love this game! I just want to say that right away. Tipping Stars is a blast.

The game comes with a bunch levels by Nintendo, but the real star of the game is the level editor. The editor is extremely easy to use and just about anybody can make a level. I've made a few so far. Here is a picture of my favorite one I've made. Please check it out if you have the game:

Embedded image permalink

I've made two other levels and I'm working on my fourth level at the moment. I've had so much fun creating these levels.

Also, I love how many levels are already in the Community section. The Mario VS. Donkey Kong level creators are so very creative. There are some pretty complex levels on the server but there's also some simple, yet really fun levels too.

With all the levels that Nintendo provides, plus the Community, and level maker, well, I'll be playing Tipping Stars for quite awhile.

Other things worth mentioning:

The graphics are wonderful. So colorful and cute. The gameplay might seem simple but it can get pretty complex and interesting.

I think the only thing that I don't like about the game are the load times. When you first start up the game, there is a bit of load time and when you go into different sections of the game, like the level maker or the Community, you can have a bit of wait.

But really, the load times are the only thing I can find to nitpick about Tipping Stars. I'm pretty addicted to the game. I've been playing it more than Code Name Steam or even Animal Crossing New Leaf (what?!).

Mario VS. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars is a must own for puzzle game fans. Especially if you love to create your own levels. Oh and you get TWO copies of the game: Wii U and 3DS, for ONE PRICE. Its an absolutely awesome deal and I hope Nintendo (and Indies) do more games like this.

Wait, here's another level I did:

Embedded image permalink

Love this game!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The image at the start was from the Official Mario VS. Donkey Kong Tipping Stars website: http://mariovsdk.nintendo.com/ . All images are copyright Nintendo!

No comments:

Post a Comment