Friday, April 3, 2015

The Best Nintendo Direct Ever


WOW! Check out that video above if you haven't already. Please. Go ahead. Do it. I'll wait. 


Still waiting....


Alright. Thats it! I'm just going to spoil that entire Nintendo Direct NOW. Or at least talk about a lot of it anyway.                                                                                                                                                

First of all, like the title says, I believe this was the BEST Nintendo Direct ever. Nintendo did a great job. They packed just about everything and the kitchen sink into this direct. Surprises, shocks, new footage of games that we knew about, PLENTY of amiibos, and a brand New Animal Crossing game.

Wait, I have to talk about the Animal Crossing game first. This is not a full featured Animal Crossing game. From the look of it, the game, Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer, is just about designing the inside of animal's houses. We don't know yet if this title will be a download only title or if it'll be a cart too. We do know that you'll have to have special amiibo cards and the NFC reader (or New 3DS) to play the game. Some people might not be happy that this is very dependent on amiibo cards but personally, I loved how this game looked and as an Animal Crossing fan, I want. EVERY SINGLE CARD. I wants them. Can I afford them? Probably not. But I will try to get as many as I can. I hope. Man, this was my favorite announcement of this Direct. And thats saying alot because there were a lot of cool stuff in this Direct.                              

Next up, I have to talk about that AMAZING Mario Kart 8 dlc. Did you see that track? It was freaking beautiful. Just gorgeous. Imagine if the Animal Crossing Wii U game looks like that?! Or even close to that?! Oh man. That would be incredible. I'm so excited for this new track for Mario Kart 8 (though I am excited to see what the other tracks will be too). Also the dlc is coming this month. April 23!! It was supposed to come in May. Nintendo is just fantastic.                                                                                                     

We shouldn't forget about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS. We got a major announcement that Lucas from Mother 3 will be coming to the game in June as DLC. I am such a big Earthbound fan. Lucas being in Smash Bros again is so very awesome. Also loved the look of the upcoming Mii costume dlc and even though its a Pokemon, I'm looking forward to the downloadable character thats coming this month (which I'm getting for free). Pretty amazing stuff.                                                                                                    
We also got new footage of Mario Maker (it looks fantastic), Yoshi's Woolly World (oh wow), Fire Emblem 3DS (wow), and Fatal Frame for Wii U is coming to the US!! Plus the Fire Emblem crossover game (many had thought it canceled) and tons of other stuff that I'm forgetting (look at those Indies).                                                                   

This Nintendo Direct was amazing. I think Nintendo did it as a way of apologizing for the delay of Zelda. If so, I forgive them! I'm a major Zelda fan BUT...wow. This was just mind blowing. I can't tell you how many times I just sat there with my jaw open. Perhaps more times than last years E3 (thats saying a lot!).           

Yes, E3 this year will probably be better, but at the moment, I'm not sure how it will be. Nintendo really did such a fantastic job. I'm not even talking about everything that was shown in the Direct and look at how long this blog post is going on. I'd probably be here all day if I wanted to talk about more games. Wow. Round of applause for Nintendo folks. Ok, now I have to go watch more Nintendo Direct stuff. Talk to you all again on Monday.                                                                                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment