Monday, March 23, 2015

Recent Reviews and Some Random Thoughts


I've written some recent reviews at Shigeru News and thought I'd post links to them here:

I really liked Elliot Quest, despite its bugs (and how hard it was): https://shigerureviews.wordpress.com/2015/03/21/elliot-quest-wii-u-review/

I was so surprised by Monster Combine TD for 3DS. I'm not usually a tower defense game fan: https://shigerureviews.wordpress.com/2015/03/14/monster-combine-td-3ds-review/

Proun+ for 3DS shocked me. What an inventive and very cool game: https://shigerureviews.wordpress.com/2015/03/07/proun-3ds-review/

I thought Titan Attacks was alright but you might as well go play Space Invaders instead: https://shigerureviews.wordpress.com/2015/02/25/titan-attacks-3ds-review/

I've been writing the news a lot at Shigeru News lately too.

Various Thoughts:

I'm not excited about Splatoon. It looks like a neat game but I'm just not into shooters like I use to be. I guess I'd have to play a demo to see if its for me.

I'm loving Code Name STEAM. Yes, it has third person shooter elements, but it has TONS of strategy and a wonderful comic book feel to the cutscenes. The story is silly but I dig it. Its one of my favorite games right now (even though I'm stuck on a battle at the moment).

I'm not a mobile gamer. And I'm not ready for a new Nintendo console. I love the Wii U and 3DS.

Mario Party 10 doesn't look great but I thought it was fantastic what Nintendo did on twitter for the game. I liked all the questions/trivia, contests (even though I won nothing), etc. Its too bad some Nintendo fans didn't appreciate it...

Why are people buying the PS4 over the Wii U? I just don't get it. PS4 is just getting a lot of remasters of last generation (PS3) games so far. What's exciting about that? Yes, I understand Sony has a better marketing campaign than Wii U but can't people think for themselves too? Don't they do any research about games? Or do they even care? I just don't understand these video games fans...

Wiiware was awful. The Wii U eshop, though, is pretty spectacular, imo. There's so much variety (not all of it is good but there is a lot of choices). I wish I could say the same for the 3DS eshop, which is has been a bit dull lately (Monster Combine TD & Proun+ being exceptions).

There is a Puzzles and Dragons (3DS) demo coming in early May! I'm very interested in that game. Can't wait to try out the demo.

When will we see the next Nintendo Direct? Many people have been speculating this week because of the Splatoon press event today. I'm not sure. I think we'll see one before May anyway. I hope its soon.

I'll be back on Friday with an Indie preview!

No comments:

Post a Comment