Friday, October 30, 2015

Remembering Silent Hill

Image result for silent hill video game

Its almost Halloween again. I love this time of the year. Its a great time to play spooky games too. One of my all-time favorites is Silent Hill. I wish I could say I'm playing it again, but I don't have a copy of it for my PS1. I do, however, have a great memory for video games and I thought now would be a great time to talk about why Silent Hill is one of the best, if not the best, spooky games out there!

Image result for silent hill video game PS1

At the start of the game, you arrive in a small town called Silent Hill. You are trapped there and your daughter has gone missing. You're looking around for her everywhere. The town is covered in an eerie fog, Something could jump out at you at any moment. Silent Hill starts slow though. You are not attacked by anything at first....when it does happen....

Image result for silent hill video game PS1

Its really disturbing! As you can see in the picture above, there are flying creatures, but there also things that walk on the ground and chase you. There's all kinds of crazy things in this town...

Image result for silent hill video game PS1

Like the other world that you find yourself in once and awhile. If you think Silent Hill is disturbing, than you should check out Silent Hill's darker, dirtier underworld.

Image result for silent hill video game PS1

The graphics on Silent Hill haven't aged well, but the game is still super creepy/spooky. Its still a very intense game. It also has a lot of interesting puzzles to solve. But the truth is, fighting the monsters and running away from them is the real meat and potatoes of the game!

Anyway, I hear they did a remake of the first Silent Hill on the Wii. I never got the chance to play that one. I wonder how good was. I really need to check that out sooner or later.

Sure, its Halloween now, but you know what: Spooky/creepy games are good any time of the year!

If you haven't played the original Silent Hill, I recommend checking it out. They did sequels to Silent Hill, but if you ask me, none of those were as great as the first one!

Image result for silent hill video game PS1

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

----------------------------------------------------

All of the above pictures were found here on google.

I'll be back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment