Monday, October 19, 2015

Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes Demo Impressions

Image result for Triforce Heroes

Last week, Nintendo was emailing people with codes for Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes! My dad got some codes from Nintendo first and shared them with us. Then, my mom got codes and finally I got codes
(which I shared on twitter). It was a great and unexpected surprise getting to play the demo. And now I can tell you all about my experience...

The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes demo has unlimited tries. That means that the demo will never stop working. Unfortunately, the demo does not include Single Player or Download Play. This means that you have to have three people to play with locally to play the demo anytime. Thankfully, I have two other people in my house that own a 3DS! My mom and dad downloaded the demo too and we played the game together.

At first, we were figuring out the controls and so we didn't work too great as a team. Eventually, we started to get the hang of the controls. Since we were playing locally, we could easily communicate with each other about where we wanted to go and what we were doing. The local multiplayer worked pretty good for the most part. I did see a little bit of slow down/loading one time, but overall, the wireless play worked good. We even managed to beat the dungeon eventually!

There was only one dungeon available for local play and only a few costumes. It was a pretty stripped down experience. But, that said, it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed my time playing the local multiplayer and it made me want the game!

And then I played the Online Multiplayer....

The online multiplayer was only available for three days: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. And only at certain times during the day. On each day, though, I got to play the demo online a bit. On the first day, I had a team once that knew what it was doing. On the second day, it was about the same. On the third day, well, let me back up and talk about the other days first.

My experience on the first and second day were mixed. My team mates often appeared clueless, but I suppose they might have felt the same way about me. The online multiplayer let you choose between three dungeons and a few more costumes than local play did. Oh and you could only play with RANDOM PEOPLE. You couldn't play with friends at all. This really disappointed me. I was hoping to play the demo online with a friend. Instead, I had to play with people I didn't know or trust. And we couldn't talk to each other because there was no voice chat! The communication symbols that you are provided with worked on a basic level, but not as well as voice chat.

Still, we worked alright together sometimes. I guess it all depended on if the player was experienced or a newbie. Playing online with random people can be an interesting experience to say the least. Though, sometimes it was just a complete mess!!

Speaking of a mess, the online play wasn't always a smooth experience either. I got booted off a couple of times or had connection errors. This was a common theme throughout the weekend.

Though, it was at its worst on Sunday. On Sunday morning, I played some Triforce Heroes online play. One time it was lagging so much that it was barely playable. The slow down on the demo was terrible. And another time, it worked fine, but I had a connection error at the end of the level.

I have to say that the online play did not give me much confidence in Triforce Heroes. Yes, I'm still excited about the game, but I'm worried that online play will be pretty bad. I'm hoping that this demo will help Nintendo improve the actual game. We'll see. I still hope to get the game this year (probably Christmas). I'm likely to play single player and download play a lot more than online. But I've heard there is going to be an online competitive multiplayer mode! So I gotta try that! Hopefully Nintendo will fix the online....

Anyway, I hope to play more of the local multiplayer soon. I enjoyed that the most!

Finally, before I go, here's a bit of a surprise!

The online portion of the demo is done now (but who knows! It might return someday. Splatoon's Global Testfire did).

Still, there may be someone out there who wants these DEMO CODES for Local Play:

B0HGSQDN5DQ6CSN7

B0HF5Y565CPKLQ2W

If someone gets them, I hope you enjoy the demo! These are the last of the codes from my mom. Sorry I didn't have three to share. I'm hopeful that someone can use them.

Thank you Nintendo. It was great to try the game out. Can't wait to play the full game!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The picture from the start of the article was taken from here.

I'll be back on Friday! See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment