Sunday, July 15, 2012

Rainbow Moon First Impressions

I wanted to write something long and detailed as my first impressions for Rainbow Moon, but to be honest, thats better left to a review (I'll try to have a review after I've beaten the story at least).

For now, I just want to say: If you love turn-based rpgs and/or turn-based strategy rpgs and have a Playstation 3, you MUST buy this game. GO GET IT NOW. Why are you still reading this? GO!

If thats not a good enough first impression, let me add these thoughts:

-The graphics are old school (think Final Fantasy Tactics or Vandel Hearts), but old school meets HD. You'll get a classic looking rpg experiance but with much more detail and just overall a great looking game.

-The battle system is like FF Tactics or Diseaga. You can only have three party members in battle though.

-While this is a strategy rpg, you don't just go from points on the map like FF Tactics. Instead, like a regular rpg, your character wanders around from towns to dungeons and there are some enemies shown, but there are also optional random battles. Yes, you heard me right. You can skip random battles if you want. That said...

-Even on Normal, the game can be challenging. You're going to have to level up. I hear you'll have to do even more leveling up on HARD mode though.

-Story? Don't worry about a story! The fun in Rainbow Moon is the battles and exploring the different areas you go to. Don't worry though, the game does point you in the direction of the next "plot point", so you won't be lost. But you can still do some looking around in the different areas. Believe me, you won't get bored. There are so many quests to take on, so many items to find, new enemies to fight, basically just suprises around every corner.

-This game is addictive! You'll have a hard time putting it down.

Rainbow Moon is a fantastic game. I really love it. I recommend it to all turn-based rpg/strategy fans. You'll have a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment