Friday, December 18, 2015

Super Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U Final Video Thoughts

Image result for Super Smash Bros Cloud

Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 is in a Nintendo game. Just let this sink in for a moment.

I remember back when Final Fantasy 7 came out. I was a big Nintendo fan who had decided to buy a Playstation 1 instead of a Nintendo 64. The Playstation just looked cooler to me. And I loved (and still love) Final Fantasy 7.

Now Cloud is in a Super Smash Bros and two worlds that I love: Nintendo and Final Fantasy, are back together again. Thats really awesome.

But you know, we already knew about Cloud in Super Smash Bros 3DS and Wii U before this week's final video about Smash.

So what did I think of the new reveals?

I can't say I was impressed by yet another Fire Emblem character being added to Smash. There's already so many. I did like the look all of the new costumes for Smash, especially the Chocobo costume and the Geno costume (that was a shock!).

And that final reveal shocked me a lot.

Image result for Bayonetta smash

Bayonetta in Smash Bros! WOW.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of the character. I mean, I tried the demo and thought it was ok, but she wouldn't have been high on the list of characters I wanted for Smash.

Even so, WOW. She looks incredible in Smash Bros. She absolutely looks like she'd be a fun character to play as. I'm sure people are going to love playing as that character when she comes to Smash Bros next year.

I'd say, overall, it was a good final video for Smash. It wasn't a great one though. I still think that Shovel Knight or Rusty or some Indie character should have gotten into Smash Bros instead of that new Fire Emblem character. Also at least one more big surprise would have been amazing.

Still, the Smash Bros final video was very welcome in an otherwise slow Nintendo news week.

What did you think of the final video? What characters do you wish had been added to Smash Bros?

--------------------------------------

The Cloud picture was taken from here and the Bayonetta picture from here.

I'll be taking next week off from this blog. I'm just way too busy. This blog will return the week after Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment