Monday, December 14, 2015

Goodbye Shigeru Reviews, Hello Real Otaku Gamer!


As some of you may have heard, I've left Shigeru Reviews and moved over to Real Otaku Gamer. Here's my goodbye to Shigeru that I posted over the weekend at that site:

Dear Readers,


Just like Jon and Harold, I’ll be leaving Shigeru Reviews and heading over to Real Otaku Gamer too. I’ll miss Shigeru a lot.
When Matt asked me to write my first review for this site (Stick It to The Man), I had no idea that it’d turn into a full time writing position. I was delighted when I started receiving review codes from Matt and that feeling of excitement/worry about “what will this game be?” has never worn off (and I doubt it ever will). Writing for Shigeru has been a blast!
I have enjoyed writing the reviews the most, but writing the news has been an excellent learning experience. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading my reviews and news posts here.
There are some people I want to thank:
Matt and Jon for giving me games to play and things to write. What a fantastic experience!
The rest of the Shigeru crew! Especially Harold, Fletcher, Jolt, and Chris.
I also want to thank Adam Roffel, Shaun Edwards, and Trevor Gould for their support of my writing. The feedback you guys provide is really helpful and I hope we’ll continue to talk a lot.
Some people that inspire me and make me strive to be a better writer: my mom & dad, Daan Koopman, Shawn Long, Roger DiLuigi III, mattmagician, Tony Brasel, Jess Carder, Carl Smith, and many more.
Thanks to Nintendo Everything, Go Nintendo, and Nintendo Enthusiast. Three of the best Nintendo related sites and our main sources for gaming news.
And thank you to the fantastic Indie developers who gave us review codes, interviews, and plenty of news to report. There are way too many of you wonderful people to list. You all know who you are. I hope we’ll work with you again very soon.
Most of all: YOU guys. The readers. Thank you for reading.
Sincerely,
Daniel Fugate
@df2506 on twitter "
--------------------------------------------------------
And thats it! How will this change effect this blog? 
Not at all. I still plan to write previews, reviews, and other stuff for this site. 
With Real Otaku Gamer, Jon, Harold, and I saw an interesting opportunity to join another site and took it! We just started working for the site this week, so its too early to tell you what we have planned for the site (other than we will still be talking about Nintendo & Indies) or how its going. Wish us luck! 
You can check the site out here if you want to.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll be back on Friday. Let me know in the comments if there's anything Nintendo or Indie related you want me to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment