Friday, November 13, 2015

My Thoughts On Yesterday's Nintendo Direct (11/12)

Embedded image permalink
WOW!

Ok, thats it. That's all my thoughts. Thanks for reading...

Just Kidding.

But seriously, wow Nintendo.

Now, I'm one of the few people who LOVED what Nintendo did back in June for E3. That said...

Yesterday's Nintendo Direct blew E3 away. I just have to say that that was the best Nintendo Direct EVER. I think if Nintendo had done that at E3, no one would have complained. Ok, some people would have complained anyway (they are complaining a little about yesterdays Direct). But not as much as they complained back in June. Yesterday's Direct was a fantastic presentation.

What made it so special?

Embedded image permalink

First of all, the way the Nintendo Direct started was mind blowing. We had heard rumors for awhile that Twilight Princess HD was in the works, though personally, I didn't believe it. Now, I'm not a huge fan of HD remakes, but that said, I love the Legend of Zelda series. And Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zelda game. I just love that game. So Twilight Princess HD? Sign me up. Plus, the graphics look amazing! And, well, there's this...

Embedded image permalink
Who expected this amiibo?! Seriously. I'm not a big collector of amiibo (I only have two!) but, I need this amiibo. I want this one so bad. It is, without a doubt, the coolest looking amiibo EVER. So getting an announcement with Twilight Princess HD revealed and this amiibo was a wonderful way to start the Direct. And it wasn't the last of the Direct's wonderful surprises....

Embedded image permalink
Embedded image permalink

I was blown away and totally, amazingly happy, when Nintendo announced that Dragon Quest 7 and 8 are coming to the West for 3DS. These are two games that I thought we'd never see over here. I had pretty much given up all hope of seeing them. So to get this announcement...I mean...I almost want to say that I love it more than the Twilight Princess announcement. But its so hard to choose which one I like better. I love both announcements. Anyway, my birthday is in the summer and Dragon Quest 7 is coming out this summer....so you know what I want for my birthday! This was an amazing part of the Nintendo Direct!

Embedded image permalink

Steamworld Heist was shown too! Oh man. The new footage for this game was jaw dropping. The hats, the guns, the new battles! And the game is coming in December. I'm so ready for this game. I can't wait to review it.

Embedded image permalink

A lot of Pokemon games were shown during this Direct. I'm not a Pokemon fan, but I have to say that I was impressed by the games. Pokken Tournament, especially, looked awesome. A Pokemon fighting game from the developer of Tekken?! Oh wow. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon looks neat. And I'm sure a ton of people are happy about the older games coming in February!

Embedded image permalink

Star Fox Zero finally got a new release date and its later than I thought (April!). Though the game looks even better now. I'm sure its going to be a ton of fun.

Embedded image permalink

I was shocked and surprised that Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam is coming in January. Most of the time, Nintendo avoids January. This year, they have Mario and Luigi Paper Jam coming that month and Final Fantasy Explorers is coming in January too! Both 3DS games looked really cool.

Embedded image permalink

The Nintendo Direct had a bit of humor! Bill Trinen is the best. That gag where he stuffs his face with donuts was so funny. And Reggie's reaction was perfect. I love how Nintendo always has something funny in their Nintendo Directs.

Oh, I could go on forever about the stuff I loved in this Direct. It was fantastic to see some much support from Square Enix for the 3DS and Nintendo's games lineup for the rest of this year and early next year is amazing.

Hey, speaking of Square Enix....

Embedded image permalink

If you say you knew Cloud was coming to Super Smash Bros...you're lying!

No one saw this reveal coming. There weren't even any rumors about Cloud in Super Smash Bros...

I will always remember my reaction.

Reggie said that a new challenger was approaching, so I knew it was a new Smash Bros character. Then...

a field of stars was shown and a familiar piece of music. I will always remember that image & music. I love Final Fantasy 7. So I knew right away what they were showing but...I thought for a second I might be wrong. It just couldn't be Final Fantasy 7 related...right?

IT WAS! I couldn't believe it. My eyes were wide and my jaw was open. I was shocked. Cloud in Super Smash Bros?! Has the world ended???

Oh and that Midgar stage for Smash Bros looked awesome too!

And that Mii chocobo costume was silly, but neat.

I have to admit, foolishly perhaps, I wondered for a second if they would reveal that Final Fantasy 7 was coming to the Wii U eshop soon. Alas, it wasn't to be. But as many people have speculated and I did too, I wonder if the Final Fantasy 7 remake might come to the NX eventually. That would indeed make me buy an NX!

Anyway, as you can see, I loved this Nintendo Direct. I'm sorry for the length of this blog entry. I could have gone on a lot longer though!

I hope you enjoyed reading this. I'll definitely do a recap/my thoughts on the Smash Bros Direct in December too.

See you Monday!

----------------------------------------------------------

All of the above pictures are from Nintendo Everything's Twitter account.

No comments:

Post a Comment